Friday, February 8, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


                All the veggie dishes have made me realize that some sweets were in order.  I decided to make chocolate chocolate chip cookies for my chocoholic kids and myself.  Sometimes a chocolate chip cookie is not enough.  You need that extra kick of chocolate.  I did feel compelled to use some whole wheat flour though.   That just seemed to make me feel less guilty if I took two.



Ingredients
  1. 8 Tbl butter, softened
  2. 3/4 Cup white sugar
  3. 1/4 Cup brown sugar
  4. 1 egg
  5. 1 tsp vanilla
  6. 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
  7. 1/2 Cup white whole wheat flour (you can use regular whole wheat)
  8. 1/2 Cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
  9. 1/4 tsp of salt
  10. 1 tsp baking soda
  11. 1/4 tsp baking powder
  12. 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
In a mixer combine the butter and sugar.  Then add the egg and vanilla and mix.

In another bowl combine ingredients 4- 9.  Then add the dry ingredients slowly to the mixer until everything is incorporated. 

Now add the chocolate chips.

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.

Place rounded teaspoonfuls of dough on the sheet.  You will need to flatten them out.


Place in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.  Place them on a cooling rack.  Enjoy with lots of milk.  These will satisfy any chocolate craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment