Thursday, August 16, 2012

Salt Dough Fun

           
             Keeping 4 kids busy in the summer can be a task.  Throw one new thing into the mix though, and they get all excited.
             I found a recipe for salt dough that is easy to put together.  It can keep kids busy for at least an hour and the clean up is easy.
            To make the dough you need:
  1. 2 cups of flour
  2. 1/2 cup of salt
  3. 1 cup of warm water

            Combine your flour and salt in a plastic bowl and slowly add the water while mixing with a spoon.
 It is easier in the end to use your hands.
 Once the dough is all combined just divide the dough between kids.

The kids used empty water bottles as rolling pins.

            Keep unused dough covered with a damp paper towel.

My 5 year old made a plate.
My oldest made her hand print. ("Like the stars in Hollywood", she said.)
My son made a Super Mario Brother character.
Since the dough takes a while to dry out they can use it over and over again as long as the dough is kept moist.
Please note: I use the cheapest flour and salt I can find for this project.



          

No comments:

Post a Comment