Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baking Soda Help for Wood Floors

                I have recently found a friend in baking soda.  I have been trying to use cleaning products lately that are more "Earth friendly".  I guess I became tired of having bleach cough.  I also am in the belief now that everything the earth produces naturally can be used for some dilemna. 
                In my house we have wood floors downstairs and they do get beat on by my kids.  They have even used the floors as a racetrack for tricycles. 
               After tiring of smudge stains from these trikes not coming off easily with a regular floor cleaner, I searched the internet and came upon a solution so easy that at first I didn't believe it could work.  The solution is a solution of baking soda and water.  Instead of using my Bob's Red Mill baking soda that I treasure for baking, I took the "nice smelling fridge" baking soda box out.  I mixed one part water with one part baking soda and made a paste.  I slightly scrubbed the trike mark and within seconds it was gone!  I was so elated (yeah, I get weird about cleaning) that I took my washcloth and baking soda solution and scrubbed the whole floor.  Mind you since you are using baking soda you will have to go over it with plain water to get the residue off. 
              Here are some before and after photo's of the most recent trike smudge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment