Thursday, August 9, 2012

Home Made Bread Recipe

              
              Ever since I got my Zojirushi bread maker, it's been non-stop bread making.  I haven't bought a loaf of store bought bread since April and I think my kids would yell at me now if I did.  I have tried many recipes and here is the one I am using now.

Ingredients to place in bread maker in order
  1. 1 cup of lukewarm water
  2. 1/3 cup of warmed milk
  3. 3 Tbl of butter
  4. 2 cups of bread flour
  5. 1 and 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour
  6. 1/4 cup of golden flax seed meal
  7. 3 Tbl of sugar
  8. 1 and 1/2 tsp of salt
  9. 2 Tbl vital wheat gluten
  10. 1 and 1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast
            Now, sit back, relax and in 3 and 3/4 of an hour you've got yourself some bread that won't make it past 2 days.


Please note that depending on the time of year you may have to add a little more water.  I always watch as the dough is kneading and if it just isn't coming together right I add a Tablespoon at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment