Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mango Coconut Ice Cream

          We recently got back from a week at the beach in South Carolina.

The beachy, tropical mood has not left me yet so when I saw cans of organic mango chunks in mango juice on sale at the supermarket I could not resist but buy a bunch.  Now what to do with the tropical fruit?   It's summer of course, and a rather hot one at that so ice cream is the answer.  I took out  my  Ice Cream Maker and got my tropical mood on and got started.

            First I took my mango chunks and juice and puréed the with my stick blender.  It ends up making 1 and 1/2 cups of purée.  Then I combined the purée with the coconut milk, cream, sugar and lemon juice.

            The mixture then needs to go into the fridge for at least 2 hours.

            I have the Cuisinart ice cream maker so the directions say the liquid needs to be poured after you turn the machine is on.  Once the ice cream mixture is poured in just let the machine do the work.





           In less than 20 minutes I had ice cream worthy of being eaten in any tropical setting.


           Ingredients

  1. 1 and 1/2 cups mango purée
  2. 1 cup low fat coconut milk
  3. 1 cup heavy cream
  4. 1/2 cup sugar
  5. 1 Tbl sugar
           Mix all the ingredients together and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
           Follow your ice cream makers instructions.
           Finally enjoy a taste of the tropics.

No comments:

Post a Comment