Monday, November 26, 2012

No Sew Kid Pillows


                     I started this blog this past August.  It has thus been only 3 months since I started.  Amazingly enough, this is my 100th post.  Thanks to all of my faithful readers.  You may mostly be silent, but I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.

                     For my 100th post I wanted to share a craft that makes a great present for kids.  It is a pillow made from fleece material which is really soft.  You know how kids love soft, cuddly things.

                    This also couldn't be easier because there is no sewing involved.  If you can cut with scissors, and tie a double knot, you can do this.

                     To make the pillow you need 2 pieces of fleece material.  One should be patterned and the other should be one color.  You will need pillow stuffing to stuff the pillow.  You will need scissors and a ruler as well.



                      I cut the material into a 26 inch by 19 inch rectangle.  I layed the 1 piece of material on top of the other.  I then cut a 4 by 4 inch square off of each corner.  Then cut fringes in the material about 1 inch apart and 4 inches in length.  You then make a double knot with the fringes by tying them together.  Make sure you keep one side untied so that you can stuff the pillow.  Stuff the pillow once 3 sides are tied.  Once the pillow is stuffed well, tie the remaining fringe.  You now have a pillow that kids will love. 









4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post... you are doing an amazing job, and I love coming by to see what you are up to:).

    The pillows sound like a great activity to do with kids. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Ellie. I am grateful for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this craft. Its great that you don't even need to sew this pillow. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shared this to benefit all non-sewers, such as myself. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete