Monday, April 1, 2013

Dill Pickle Dip


                        There was a fund raiser recently for the school my girls get dance lessons at.  It was one where if you purchased a food product some of the proceeds would go to fund the dance team.  One of the items in the catalog was for a dill pickle dip seasoning pouch.  It actually peaked my interest.  Here's why: you know when you go to a deli or any sandwich shop that serves you pickles with your sandwich, you usually get potato chips(crisps) served along side.  Then the juice from the pickles seeps onto the chip and then the chip tastes so much better.  Just me?  Gosh I hope not, because then this post will be totally pointless.  Ok, just remembered that a chip company made dill pickle flavored potato chips, so it's not just me.  Whew, I feel better now!

                           I couldn't wait to go home and make my own dill pickle dip from scratch. 


                           I got what ingredients I assumed would work well for this dip.  Then I measured, added and tasted, and measured, and added, and tasted some more, and tasted some more, and tasted some more, just to be sure.  I thought it was great.

                          It actually tastes better the next day once the flavors have a chance to come together.  So my advice is to make it ahead of time. 

Ingredients
1/2 Cup low fat mayonnaise
1 Cup low fat sour cream
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2- 3 Tbl pickle relish (I used dill)
2 tsp pickle juice (I used dill)
1 tsp dijon mustard

Mix all of the ingredients together and let sit for a few hours or overnight.  Serve with your favorite dipper like chips, or veggies.  My two year old ate it straight with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment