Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pina Colada Bread

I don't like letting food go to waste, and I had leftover coconut milk from my Pina Colada Muffins.  I had had a pineapple coconut bread in a restaurant, so I thought I would just doctor up a recipe to try and recreate the recipe. 

This is a sweet sandwich bread, and will compliment a turkey or a ham sandwich.  This also made a great French Toast.



Ingredients
  1. 1/2 Cup light coconut milk
  2. 1/2 Cup pineapple juice
  3. 2 eggs (mix them before you put them in the breadmaker)
  4. 3 1/2 Cups of flour
  5. 4 Tbl sugar
  6. 1 tsp salt
  7. 2 tsp instant yeast
If you use a breadmaker, put the ingredients in order as they are listed in the ingredients.  The yeast goes in a well in the middle of the flour.

I used my bread maker to do all the work, but you can use a mixer to mix the ingredients, and then let the dough rise until it is doubled.  After the dough has doubled place it in a loaf pan.  Let it rise again until it has reached the rim of the loaf pan.

Place the bread in a preheated 400F oven for about 25-30 minutes.  The internal temp of the bread should read 190F on an instant read thermometer.

This is not an overly sweet bread, so it works well as a sandwich bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment