Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bulgogi Steak Sandwich




                  I posted a recipe for Bulgogi recently (Korean grilled steak). I loved how it turned out.  I was left with some leftovers though, so what to do with them was the next issue.  It didn't take too long to come up with putting the leftover sliced steak into a sandwich.  That's what happens with a lot of leftover meats, such as roast beef, and turkey.  Who hasn't had the leftover Thanksgiving turkey with cranberry sauce and stuffing?

                  I love sandwiches.  I especially love the creative kind that has  a mix of some vegetables with some sort of aioli spread, or a meat sandwich with different toppings.  A good mix of flavors that somehow when they come together make your taste buds wake up and say "hey, I want some more of that!"



                  I had just made some Italian Bread Rolls that came out great.  They were going to be the receptacle for my steak.  I came back to the Philly Cheese Steak, and realized that although cheese would probably not work, sauteed onion and peppers would.  Knowing that "next day meat", especially one that was pre-sliced,would be dry, a sauce would be necessary.  I decided on my Asian dipping sauce.

Ingredients
  1. Leftover Bulgogi meat
  2. Sliced peppers and onions (I use roasted peppers, makes for easier eating since there is no peel)
  3. Asian style sauce (recipe below)
  4. Soft Italian rolls
Ingredients for sauce
  1. 2 Tbl unsalted butter
  2. 2 Tbl low sodium soy sauce
  3. 2 Tbl ketchup
  4. 2 Tbl cider vinegar
For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients together in a saucepan or microwave safe bowl.  Cook until butter is melted and stir.

Saute your peppers and onions until the onions until the onions have softened.  Remove them from the pan.

In the same pan, saute the meat to reheat it.  Drizzle some of the sauce over the meat while it is cooking.

Slice open the rolls, and place the meat and vegetables inside.  Then drizzle more of the sauce on top.

These flavors work so well together.  I enjoyed this sandwich immensely.  I got lost in my own world for a minute, until screaming got me out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment