Still in an Asian cooking mood here. Maybe it's because of all the study of China and Japan. It doesn't matter though, the food is just great.
I had made these amazing onion buns, a recipe I got from King Arthur Flour. I needed to put something on them. I thought hamburgers, and of course they were going to have an Asian twist. I wanted to make a barbeque glaze for them as well.
Ingredients for 1 lb of meat
- 4 Tbl low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
Ingredients for the bbq sauce/ glaze
- 1/4 Cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 3 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 Tbl pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, or 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
Top with your favorite burger toppings and serve with some baked fries.