Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream

              Once I made my marshmallows, I knew I had to make one of my favorite ice cream flavors, which is chocolate marshmallow.  I love the texture of the ice cream when there is  marshmallow in it.  It adds a chewiness.

              This is a really easy recipe.  Of course you need to have the marshmallow available, so you will have to prepare it ahead of time. Since I'd made marshmallows a few days ago, I had some readily available.

              This is a recipe definitely worth trying especially if you like chocolate and marshmallow.  Throw in some small pieces of the home made graham crackers and you will have s'more ice cream.



Ingredients
  1. 1 Cup milk
  2. 2 Cups cream
  3. 1/2 Cup of unsweetened cocoa
  4. 1/3 Cup brown sugar
  5. 3/4 Cup of sugar
  6. 2 tsp vanilla
  7. pinch of salt
  8. 1 Cup marshmallow topping (find recipe here)
Add the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix until the sugar and cocoa is dissolved.  It will take a few minutes.  Then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

After 2 hours pour the ice cream base in the running ice cream maker.

Once the ice cream looks like it has set up you can pour in the marshmallow.


It will seem that the ice cream isn't so solid.  Don't worry.  The ice cream should be ready withing 15- 20 minutes of the initial start.

Pour the ice cream into a container and place in the freezer.  Let it sit for a few hours or overnight.  It will have set up wonderfully, and is easy to scoop.


It seriously tasted like the chocolate marshmallow ice cream at my local ice cream shop.  This is my new favorite homemade ice cream flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Your link to the marshmallow topping is missing? Need that recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is. http://myhomesweetharvest.blogspot.com/2012/09/no-corn-syrup-marshmallows-and.html?m=1

      Delete